Product: Floric Polytech RM 245 - Repair Mortar
Description: RM-245 is a two component cementitious polymer modified repair mortar and underlayment product that is designed for uses on concrete to patch, repair, smooth and slope, or on wood to pitch, slope, smooth or to simply improve wood rigidity for additional coatings or flooring applications. RM-245 is formulated with a proprietary blend of powders, aggregates, and SBR copolymers.
RM-245 produces a tenacious bond to concrete with increased compressive strengths, abrasion resistance, while still maintaining a compatible co-efficient of expansion and contraction to concrete. RM-245 produces the flexibility required for a decking underlayment in metal lath for applications over wood. It may be used for interior or exterior applications in varying climates, is environmentally safe, has zero VOC with virtually no odor, and cleans up with just soap and water when wet.
RM-245 was designed primarily as a material to patch, repair, smooth and resurface concrete in preparation for other Floric Polytech materials, whether it is for concrete restoration or aesthetic beautification. RM-245 may be applied from 1/8” to 5/8” thickness or when bulked with large washed aggregate economically up to 3”inches. With it’s increased compressive strength, adhesion and abrasion resistance, RM-245 may be left exposed to commercial and industrial type traffic or covered with almost any type of floor covering. The improvements over regular concrete as a patch, repair, overlay and pitch product are dramatic, especially in thin sections where conventional concrete fails. Trowel finishing the surface is only necessary to produce esthetics, the material will maintain physical properties if simply left with a light screed finish or a heavy broom.
RM-245 may also be installed over stable, structurally sound plywood substrates, when incorporated with metal lath, which is fastened appropriately. In many cases it is used to pitch and slope, increase rigidity, limit substrate flexibility, improve flammability resistance and generally prepare decks and balconies to receive a functional membrane waterproofing system. In these cases it is basically a stabilizing underlayment.
- Simple to mix and easy to use.
- Superior performance characteristics when compared to conventional concrete repair mortars.
- Its durability allows it to function in both commercial and industrial type applications.
- Resists cold weather scaling, has excellent freeze-thaw resistance and is unaffected by de-icing salts.
- It may be used for both interior and exterior applications in a wide range of climates.
- May be rod finished, heavy rough broomed or smooth toweled with a mist of water.
- May reflect working cracks in substrate.
- Not recommended for applications when ambient and surface temperature is below 45°F during installation.
- Must be installed over clean, profiled properly prepared substrates.